About Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School
Welcome to Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School's website. Diman is a regional vocational-technical high school located in southeastern Massachusetts, about mid-way between Cape Cod and Providence, RI. Our 16 vocational technical programs have over 1,300 students enrolled in grades 9 through 12. We are particularly proud of the accomplishments of our students in academic, vocational and extracurricular activities. We have competed in national events for SkillsUSA and have proven that Diman students are among the best in the nation in vocational-technical skill areas.
Our academic programs offer challenging coursework that has resulted in 99.7% of our 2013 graduates successfully passing the MCAS competency determination. Our honors and AP classes more than adequately prepare students for college and our overall academic pathways prepare all students for the "real world" experience of the workplace or the military.
Diman has many extracurricular activities for all students and we encourage all students to become involved in at least one activity during their high school career. As stated in our mission statement Diman is truly "developing the unique potential of each learner". While on our website, take the time to enjoy a tour of our shops and you will see why we can say with all enthusiasm that Diman is the best vocational school in the state of Massachusetts. Please contact us if you have any questions about Diman!
Diman RVTHS graduates will be occupationally skilled workers whose academic, vocational/technical, and workplace competencies will make them responsive to socioeconomic, technological, and environmental challenges in a complex and changing society.
The mission of Diman RVTHS is to develop the unique potential of each learner by enabling students to acquire knowledge, skills, and dispositions that are needed to achieve personal, academic, vocational/technical, and civic goals.
- To ensure that every student is given opportunity to develop his/her potential without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, economic status, or disability.
- To provide state-of-the-art, integrated academic and vocational/technical programs which optimize the potential of each student and prepare them to meet the state's performance standards.
- To provide opportunities for students to acquire contemporary workplace skills such as communicating, organizing and analyzing information, solving problems, using technology, initiating and completing assignments, acting ethically and professionally, interacting with others, understanding the structure and dynamics of organizations, and taking responsibility for career and life choices.
- To provide all grade 9 students with an opportunity to explore their interests in a wide array of trade/career options.
- To provide counseling and assistance to students concerning social issues, employment and educational opportunities, and vocational orientation.
- To provide programs and activities which contribute to health and well-being, a safe environment, a sense of belonging, and respect for self and others.
- To use student assessment results to review and improve curricula, courses, programs, and instructional practices.
- To encourage students to pursue professional improvement leading to certification/licensure in their trade areas and post-secondaryeducation.
- To provide continuing adult education with a focus on developing technical skills.
- To continuously seek, with the guidance of active Advisory Boards, new areas of training required for community and industrial development.
- To provide personnel with the resources and the support needed to grow and develop professionally toward a goal of raising student achievement.
- To promote cultural understanding within a diverse population.
- To develop partnerships with business, industry, government, and the community.
Graduation RequirementsIn order to receive a diploma from Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School, a student must earn a minimum of 140 credits. A student must have passed three (3) years of Shop Related, four (4) years of English Language Arts, four (4) years of Math and three and one half (3 1/2) years of Shop receiving a passing grade of at least 65 in each subject. All students must pass the MCAS tests in the subjects required by the state of Massachusetts.
The balance of the credits necessary to total 140 credits may be acquired from other subjects in the curriculum. These requirements will differ proportionately for the students who enter at the 10th or 11th grade level.
Beginning with the Class of 2014 students are required to pass their 9th and 10th grade science, technology, and/or engineering (STE) classes and two (2) years of History/Social Studies.
The Greater Fall River Vocational School District/Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment. Furthermore, District/School policy includes prohibitions of harassment of students and employees, i.e., racial harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation for filing complaints of discrimination.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies:
DIRECTOR OF PUPIL PERSONNEL SERVICES
DIMAN REG. VOC. TECH. HIGH SCHOOL
(508) 678-2891 x1250
Download the original agreement here (it's a large file, so we broke it down to three PDF parts):