Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School
|Marta Montleon, Superintendent-Director
Brian S. Bentley, Assistant Superintendent-Director/Principal
|251 Stonehaven Road
Fall River, Massachusetts 02723
|TO:||All Faculty & Staff|
|FROM:||Brian S. Bentley, Assistant Superintendent-Director/Principal|
|SUBJECT:||Procedures and Assignments for Wednesday, August 29, 2012|
ALL JUNIOR AND SENIORS will report to the auditorium.
|ALL FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORES will report to thegymnasium.
ALL first period Freshmen and Sophomore teachers will report to the gymnasium to help seat students, maintain order and escort Freshmen to their classes/shop once assignments have been distributed.
ALL unassigned high school teachers will report to the auditorium. (Please help to seat students and maintain order).
|CLASS SCHEDULE DISTRIBUTION
Students’ schedules have been sorted for distribution by shop and by year. A week is in Academics, B week is in Shop.
Sophomore, Junior and Senior students, when released from the gymnasium or auditorium, will report to their respective shops for class schedules and UNIFORM SHIRTS. First period Academic/Shop teachers will escort Freshmen from the gymnasium to either their 1st period class or shop.
All shop and related teachers are in charge of their respective students, and are to pass out student schedules and UNIFORM SHIRTS in shop. Shop and related teachers distributing students’ schedules should segregate the students by year. Students will then be given their Academic schedule for the school year.
When the issuing of student schedules and uniform shirts have been
completed, the Department Head is to call the Dean of Students’ Office
to state, “all schedules and uniform shirts have been distributed”.
Please call Extension 1210, 1270, 1230
After the students have reported to their FIRST PERIOD class or shop, the teachers are to take FIRST OF DAY ATTENDANCE using the I-PASS System. All attendance will be done electronically beginning with the First Day of School. Teachers are to take attendance each period utilizing the I-PASS system. Paper Attendance will be used ONLY by Grade 9 Exploratory Vocational Teachers and substitute teachers.
- Please take attendance using the I-PASS system at that time
- VOCATIONAL EXPLORATORY TEACHERS, send the PAPER attendance sheets DIRECTLY to the Dean of Students’ Office.
If there is a delay, the first period may extend into the normal second period time. The bell will be manually sounded signaling the end of the first period and the beginning of the second period. From this period forward, the normal bell schedule will be followed.
THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM WILL BE IN EFFECT THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL:
- Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - Full day “A” day of “A” Week
- Thursday, August 30, 2012 - Full day “A” day of “B” Week
- Student Lunches will be served in the cafeteria.
- NO SCHOOL – Friday, August 31st & Monday, September 3rd (both days)
- Students are to come prepared for a Full Instructional and Vocational Work Day on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 – with a change in weeks and shop uniforms
- Weeks change back after the Labor Day holiday “A” = Academics “B” = Shop
- Tuesday, September 6, 2011 – Full day – “B” Day of “A” Week
Wednesday, September 5, 2012.
From the Diman Employee Handbook.